Xbox 1, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U, Wii, PS Vita, PC Gaming, Mobile

Talk about it here
Kee
Is Awesome

Any decent new games out?

Postby Kee » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:34 am

??
Fancy yourself as a travel writer?
Do you feel you can write an article about a clubbing holiday, music, festival, fashion or something similar?
Visit our contact page and you could be published on our blog.
MAD
Mr Loverman

Re: Any decent new games out?

Postby MAD » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:54 am

i saw an advert for COD black ops II the other day....looks good black ops I wasn't amazing but II looks a lot better.
boverweight
Adult Entertainment Officer

Postby boverweight » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:56 am

Black Ops 1 convinced me to sell my Xbox.
Scott
Undisputed Champion

Postby Scott » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:59 am

Assassins Creed 3 came out yesterday, Forza Horizon looks alright and there's a game called dishonoured which looks good too, i ordered all 3 yesterday and will report back with my opinions next week :thumbup:
Kee
Is Awesome

Postby Kee » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:06 am

I cant believe people are still buying COD, it's the same damn thing every year.

I remember playing the original ones on PC and they were advancements each time but ever since it came to console it just the same shit every year.

Assassins creed, that's worth a shot, infact I don't think ive played the one before it.
Do you feel you can write an article about a clubbing holiday, music, festival, fashion or something similar?
MAD
Mr Loverman

Postby MAD » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:06 am

lol what was THAT bad about black ops 1 carl?
boverweight

Postby boverweight » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:07 am

After playing MW2 it was poor.
Scott
Undisputed Champion

Postby Scott » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:13 am

I never actually played Assasins creed 2 either but i'll defo give this one a blast.

I've always liked the COD games, in fact I've always raved about them but this is the first year where i'm not really arsed about it. I'll still get it but i haven't got my usual COD hard on like previous years. I think i prefer Fifa and F1 these days.
CarlosRFC
Hamish Macbeth

Postby CarlosRFC » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:52 am

Carl, Black ops 1 was actually a really good game.

ill be getting black ops 2 but again havent been as hyped to get it as usual as the last cod ruined my enjoyment for me!

BUT after playing a little black ops again recently im getting back into it again.

Totally disagree with your comments however Kee.. every COD game has brought some new and inventive to the game, not always in a good way IMO but they have always tried.
las americas 05'
prague 06'
Kos 06'
zante 07'
maga 07' 09'
the dam 07'
FLOrida 08'
Ayia Napa 10' 12'
Marmaris 10'
Portugal 11'
Malia 11'
Egypt 12'
VEGAS 13'
Crete 14'
Kee
Is Awesome

Postby Kee » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:09 am

Such as?
CarlosRFC
Hamish Macbeth

Postby CarlosRFC » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:40 am

oh dear...

COD 4 - COD: WAW:

Zombies was brought the the COD franchise...dont think i need to go onto how popular zombies took off.

COD:WAW - COD MWF2:

upgrades available to perks, the choice of killstreaks instead of earning them @ 3,5 & 7 kills - which basically changed how COD would be played online forever. Also - disabled party chat in certain tactical game types so you couldnt talk to your teammates and give them potentially vital intel.

Also, host migration..which kept games going if the host decided taking a puming was too much for him.

COD MWF2 - Black Ops:

customisation of guns for the 1st time in COD.

instead of getting new guns as you level up, theres a currency system, in which you spend your earned XP on whatever you want. instead of havign to wait.

Wager matches were brought in also.

And probably the biggest thing for some people was the ability to record games straight from your xbox instead of needing a camera.

Black ops - MWF3:

Killstreaks are basically non existent and now replaced by point streaks, so you get points for helping your team in objective based matches which go towards your point streak...which helps towwards your point package of choice, this helped the game in a more attackign sense as you didnt have to sit back and hope not to get killed when u can get that extra point from arming a bomb, taking an objective.

Also, not just your rank levels up, but also your weapons.

Also, a few new gametypes added to online, Kill confirmed or Team defender or DropZone.

Last but not least it introduced ELITE, which keeps a stupid amount of statistics for the more "elite" players amongst us.

So saying its the same shit every year may seem true if you play it for 10 minutes, but if you go deep into the COD games year on year you'll see and feel the differences big time.

and comments like yours are WELL off the mark.
las americas 05'
prague 06'
Kos 06'
zante 07'
maga 07' 09'
the dam 07'
FLOrida 08'
Ayia Napa 10' 12'
Marmaris 10'
Portugal 11'
Malia 11'
Egypt 12'
VEGAS 13'
Crete 14'
Kee
Is Awesome

Postby Kee » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:46 am

Now lets break this down.

For your first £50 upgrade you got Zombies.
For your second £50 upgrade you got a choice of kill streaks and the game not quitting (which it shouldnt do ANYWAYS)
For your third £50 upgrade you got some gun customisations and the ability to record urself running around.
for your forth £50 upgrade the kill streak you paid for two titles ago were taken away, a few more game modes and elite statistics?

Seems my comments are 100% spot on.
CarlosRFC
Hamish Macbeth

Postby CarlosRFC » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:56 am

Kee wrote:I cant believe people are still buying COD, it's the same damn thing every year. wrong, different as explained

I remember playing the original ones on PC and they were advancements each time but ever since it came to console it just the same shit every year. as above

Assassins creed, that's worth a shot, infact I don't think ive played the one before it.right

your comments are not spot on, you werent arguing whether it was worth it. thats a whole different arguement altogether.

Also, if your going to look at it like that then id hate to see what your getting for your £50 for the last 100 FIFA's
las americas 05'
prague 06'
Kos 06'
zante 07'
maga 07' 09'
the dam 07'
FLOrida 08'
Ayia Napa 10' 12'
Marmaris 10'
Portugal 11'
Malia 11'
Egypt 12'
VEGAS 13'
Crete 14'
boverweight

Postby boverweight » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:58 am

Kee
Is Awesome

Postby Kee » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:00 am

Your acting like I don't know what COD is about, I was playing that game before you even knew what it was and that's not even exaggerating.
If you think adding tiny customisations such as the game not ending when someone quits (wtf) doesn't make the the same year in year out your mistaken. I see no real big changes to COD and you need to also factor in that it is also a SINGLE PLAYER game. That's how it got big, now they fob you off with about 7hrs game play.

Also who's talking about fifa? This is about COD.

Book a clubbing holiday

Return to “The Game Zone”